View Single Post
Old 14th June 2018, 10.44:04   #1653-0 (permalink)
Green Dragon
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018

I don’t get why some people are so obsessed with a perceived lack of transfer activity.

Let’s look at what a Ricketts has done so far.

1. Appointed after the last game
2. Took his time reviewing videos of games and seeking opinions before announcing his retained list. Personally I think he got this right.
3. Offered 4 contracts to first team squad members who have all accepted. Add them to those already under contract and that means less transfer activity this summer than previous years
4. Agrees to release a player on compassionate grounds but replaces him a few days later.
5. Has said on a few occasions we are unlikely to sign anymore players till preseason. He wants quality which we all agree is needed. So why people aren’t listening to what he said baffles me. He has been very clear that we all need to be patient.
6. Coaching staff not yet in place but they aren’t needed till July. He’s already said he’s working on this.

Like all managers his success will come through good signings and strong coaching. Nobody should judge him or get concerned until he’s had time to prove himself. Let’s just all relax, enjoy summer and let Sam get on with his job.