View Single Post
Old 4th July 2018, 09.29:49   #1-0 (permalink)
fezbob
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

Had a full response now, brief summary as follows. I won't identify the director in question as it appears he is one of several who has come under attack on social media.

The arrangements to play Bangor City in a friendly were made by the football staff on both sides. Although the WST board made the manager aware of the background as soon as the fixture was announced, they do not directly interfere with football matters except in exceptional circumstances.

They said if they refused to play Bangor they'd have to apply the same moral standards in all areas, which would be difficult.

Less than ideal fixture on a moral level, but management have deemed them ideal on a footballing level.

Wrexham fans have their own choice to make in terms of boycotting the match.

Club has a duty to fans in Bangor and the surrounding area, who are very loyal and travel to the Racecourse and beyond on regular basis.

The board are not supporting their regime, they are showing 'solidarity' with Bangor's fan base.

I would vastly disagree on most of these points tbh, but am grateful for the response.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by fezbob; 4th July 2018 at 09.30:54..