Thread: Airbus Reaction
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2018, 14.07:54   #6-0 (permalink)
Lods
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Re: Airbus Reaction

Very impressed with the first half. The 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation seemed to get the best out of everyone playing. Leo Smith looked good in that half and the midfield trio were solid - with Summerfield yet to come in. Deverdics and Young in particular, Deverdics' assist to Fondop-Talom was inch-perfect.

Fondop-Talom looked a handful, but not fully fit as of yet. Got himself a goal (2 if you were listening to the announcer who credited him with Pearson's goal) which is all you could ask for. Will likely be a nuisance but whether he'll be an effective nuisance is up in the air.

Defence was solid as we're used to.

2nd half was uninspiring for the most part. Wright was solid, Rutherford was good. Big fan of Ryan Williams at the back, good beyond his years. Same with that Allshorn - we've got something with him.

The only concern was the right-back we were playing. The Airbus number 3 was an experienced head who was taking advantage of our right-back's inexperience, and that plus a fully sloppy moments didn't impress me.

All in all, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Squad needs fine-tuning and should get that before the start of the season. I feel a lot better about the future than I did 24 hours ago, so a good day out for The Reds.