Thread: Airbus Reaction
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2018, 23.31:11   #33-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Airbus Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Where have you seen video coverage of the goal?
My son who is studying A level photography took dozens of images of the match action on his digital equipment - have had a look for some coverage on various sites including Airbus UK Official site but so far nothing.

On reflection thinking about the very one sided match I just hope we eliminate some of the traits some individual players and the team seem to be carrying on - there is no doubt we need to be far more clinical infront of goal. This was a very one sided match where we totally dominated but the scoreline would suggest a very narrow win. Defensively we were hardly troubled but despite carving out numerous openings we only managed to score a mere 2 goals.

Rutherford shows fantastic energy and chases down everything that moves but yet again is let down by the final ball - he got himself in a great position but his shooting is poor, either weak off target or both.

Last season I would get in the Glyndwr Stand early and watch the team warm up including the pre match shoot in - generally again when faced with just a goalkeeper as many can testify we fail to hit the target - if they can't do it do they need to practice more - could make all the difference to results after all goals make a defeat into a draw and a draw into a victory. Our approach play was excellent in the first half but let down frequently by not putting away the final ball.

Leo Smith had a good game on the right flank first half - last season he was arguably the pick of the team during pre season but hardly got a look in with Keates - somehow I think Ricketts will be different. After going 0 - 2 up in the first 20 minutes big Mike was withdrawn as half time approached to be replaced by Rutherford who moved to the right flank with Leo switching to the left.

Of concern is Holroyd who seemed to go off the boil when Quigley arrived - I thought today he was very quiet and not in the game.

Worthy of note was the venue - it must be unique. There can't be anywhere else where planes the size of Beluga's are taking off virtually right next to the pitch with the match in progress.

Next year sees the introduction of the Beluga XL which apparently dwarfs the current Beluga - that will be a sight to see taking off during a match !