View Single Post
Old 12th July 2018, 14.10:24   #918-0 (permalink)
GlynTheMilk
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: The Pigeon Loft
Twitter: @glynthemilk

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Balancing the books is the most important aspect of fan ownership and it has to be, and it will rightly be the priority of the board. The problem at the moment for me is, if this years squad turn out to be bang average, like nearly every other year, it's clear the budget isn't big enough to compete to get out of this league. So, we must ask the questions : Where do we go from here? Do we put the club up for sale? We can't go round in circles can we?
If Walsall had a great season last season, would they have come for Keates? If he'd stayed, would we have stayed at the sharp end of the league? Factors unrelated to budget, which could have meant we were a League club next month.

The budget is enough to compete, but it's not good enough to walk the league, or have a manager that's not really giving us 100%, for whatever reason. We need a hell of a lot of luck and a tailwind to walk the league, we need a decent manager to finish in the playoffs. And we need that manager to be around for all 46 games.

I agree about the budget though. I'd rather watch Wrexham stuck in this league than have no Wrexham to watch.