View Single Post
Old 12th July 2018, 19.52:19   #949-0 (permalink)
jackwilliams
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipswich Red View Post
I agree about Pyke and he's quick enough to cause problems and did on his first debut here. I see what you're saying about Cheek but he appears to a similar product to Fondop in that he's an awkward customer but not as big or quick as Fondop.

It's all a gamble and this years set up might work better for Deverdics so therefore effectively a free player who wasn't very good last year. Sometimes, it's not about the players, it's about the formations that suit them.

Arguably only one of the Wales team would get in the Belgium side 2 years ago but sprit, cohesion and playing to their strengths won the day. Therefore, I'm prepared to give any player the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

However, there are far too many on here baying about budgets and ownership models and people being shite because you've
a. never heard of the them,
b. have heard of them but you've heard they were shite,
c. have seen them play but you thought they were shite in a different set up and a different club,
d. because you've never heard of them they must be cheap and therefore we're skint,
is mean spirited and smacks of being a desperate for attention know it all rather than having mystical football insight. "We won't be good enough next year" is an easy guess to make based on the fact that only 1 of 24 teams will be good enough. It effectively gives you a 95.8% certainty of being right. Hardly Nostradamus with that kind of insight.
Good post.