View Single Post
Old 5th September 2018, 07.27:45   #17-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings for Halifax

Lainton (7) Great last minute save to avoid embarrassment.

Carrington (8) Unsure why Roberts did not start but Carrington did a very good job against a good striker.

Lawlor (5) Looked rusty but he has the confidence to carry the ball out of defence, albeit his passes weren’t always ideal. Worth persevering with.

Pearson (8) Very good performance and just about my MOTM.

Jennings (5) Tried to get forward but he is slow and ponderous. Nearly threw the game at the end when knackered.

Rutherford (6) Was expecting a massive impact but was his usual self: lots of energy but little quality.

Wright (7) The Curate’s egg. Positional play and woeful passing limits his game.

Summerfield (8) Best midfielder but can he maintain such a high work-rate for 90 mins?

Maguire-Drew (4) His ability is masked by his lack of application. We cannot afford to carry passengers.

Fondop-Talom (6) Works hard but poor control and lack of focus limits his impact. Shame his early shot didn’t go in.

Pyke (7) Our most effective striker but he was burnt out after all his efforts in the first-half.

Subs:

Beavon (6) Good player but struggling to manage 90 mins at the moment.

Young (6) Should start ahead of Rutherford.

Holroyd (4) Lost whatever he had.

I can understand why we played the ball across the park so often, because we had to drag Halifax players out of position to make space - which we did quite well. Where we failed was quickly transitioning to forward balls when space was created. The linkage between midfield and strikers is still not working, and needs improving.

I would rest Maguire-Drew on Sat and play Hinds off the bench.

Plenty of games to play, and we can do this.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 5th September 2018 at 07.28:56..