Thread: Champions
View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 15.26:52   #143-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Good post, again. I can't fathom those posters who STILL show their immaturity through impatience when the league table is evidence that we are better than those teams we've beaten so far, or they are worse than us, depending on the depth of your pint pot.

People, we've won a few games - and we could lose lots more, but at this stage of the season, we're doing better than all the clubs beneath us. Enjoy it for heaven's sake! It hasn't been like this in most of the last 10 years in the NL, nor was it like this during most of our seasons in the FL!

Welsh Kiwi is right to say that those three legends brought their clubs together at every level, and what forces they became! Patience is a virtue, and as Sam Ricketts grows, so the team grows with him. They'll draw and lose games that fans expect to win - just as the three legends teams did too, but he's our best chance of rising out of this league. He seems quietly confident - and he's also realistic. How many of the frothers can be like him?

Don't attack him if we don't win every game - don't write players off when they are not skillful enough (yet) to be playing in the Prem. Don't bawl your anger and frustration when they slip up... they're humans, and as someone else said, are curious enough to read about themselves on RP.

Welsh Kiwi recognises that - and says he'll be influenced in the same way by your responses to his thread - if he feels he's not valued, he'll give up. Just as several players over recent seasons obviously decided not to bother with us - maybe because of something you said here. Welsh Kiwi has loyalty to his club - OUR club. We probably all do to a greater or lesser degree - we've been following them for years, some for much longer than others. None of our players are from Wrexham... SR isn't from Wrexham... they are at matches for different reasons than the fans - even if they show pride at what they achieve.

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by abusing them. How many of our keyboard warriors would say what they write to the faces of the team members who we want to be our heroes this season?

Keep the thread going... and help build the Champions' culture.
I have to say whilst I agree with some of your points I have to disagree with some too.

The league table doesn't lie, that's true. But it can also be argued that we haven't played anyone of reasonable strength and won. Halifax and Fylde are up the top but we drew. The rest we beat are down the bottom after ten games for a reason. Therefore yes, enjoy the position we are in but it needs to be tempered with realism... this month will certainly show us if we have what it takes to compete. Lets all take stock after the next few games.

Its within everyone's right s to criticise players or the team if they feel performances aren't satisfactory. Lets be honest, if you can't take any flack then maybe such a public game such as Football isn't for you. If any player is mad enough to read this forum then they should expect to see honest and candid views from fans covering the positive to the negative. And to be honest, if a player is willing to give up because of a few comments on a fans message board then perhaps they aren't the players we need. I understand negativity can be demoralising but it can also be a spur to prove people wrong. That is the sort of player we need, those that recognise their faults and work to better them or at least try. Giving up is the easy option.

As for saying anything to the Player's faces. I was disappointed that Fondop and Pyke picked up unnecessary and to be honest, petulant bookings against Braintree. And I would be happy to tell them, in a calm and rational manner, exactly why I was disappointed.

I agree that constant, unnecessary witch hunting of players is uncalled for but at the same time, sometimes negative feedback is vital to make changes and improve. I'm sure Sam rips into those he feels have let him or the team down but then moves on.

Anyway, just my opinion. I am enjoying the thread but we need to accept everyone has differing views, that doesn't make them wrong.