View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 16.16:35   #65-0 (permalink)
WrexhamO
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Accessible Away Travel - Help Needed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official DLO View Post
Hi Everybody,

I am sure on another thread that you have seen we did finally achieve the aim of accessible away travel for our wheelchair fans this season. Admittedly for this season it has been set up in a limited way of 7 away games but the excitement around the away travel has been overwhelming so we really hope that this service will build until we are offering accessible away travel to every game of the season. The help and advice I received on RP when I was trying to get this service set up was overwhelming, Wrexham AFC fans really are the best !!

This service is being run at a complete loss as we are charging in line with the official away travel currently run by Pat's Coaches and the Club, so the cost of the minibus is way more than what we are charging people to travel. I would also like to add that a national league club having this service set up is massive, I rang around clubs even in the league above and even some premiership clubs advised me they don't currently run this service. So we at Wrexham AFC should be massively proud of achieving this in the national league.

There were numerous people on this thread offering donations to help me set the accessible travel up, which at the time I didn't accept because we weren't even sure if it was something we could achieve , so I didn't feel at the time I was in a position to take peoples pledges. However, now we have it fully set up and running, to ensure I can keep this service not only running each season but growing year on year, I am looking for sponsorship to help me fund this service as well as I have a number of fundraising ideas that would generate money to keep this service running. So, if any of the original people on here who pledged money to help me are still wanting to help, I would be eternally grateful to you, If you do feel you can help, please get in touch with me on here via PM, I'm also on Facebook or Twitter. If anybody has fundraising ideas, know of a company who maybe could help in way of sponsorship then please don't hesitate to contact me. kerry.evans@wrexhamafc.wst.org.uk

Many thanks for your support
Great of the WST to subsidise this up to a cost of £2000. Fair play.

I saw that Pat's have a wheelchair friendly bus yesterday, I wonder do they have accessible coaches?