Thread: Champions
View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 18.43:18   #146-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: Champions

Thanks for your support TOWIU

It is appreciated..

Star Wars is just a bit of fun. We all need a bit of fun sometimes or life just gets too dull and boring...

When people talk of the dark days of our recent history I think of it like the darkside and how the battle for the galaxy of the Racecourse and the club was protected by the wrexham fans wielding lightsabers...

Many other clubs have been broken by the darkiside (those with ulterior motives) and are still being broken because their fans didn't do enough to save them. Wrexham fans did everything and more... That's something to feel massively proud of. I am massively grateful to each and every one of them.

We all want Wrexham AFC to go up as champions. We might not all believe it yet but believing it is a much bigger advantage than not believing it. As 'often' if you really think something is going to happen it will. Both in positive and negative circumstances.

Before we scored v Braintree I noticed a poster calling one of Wrexham players Brainless... Yeah, so what , whats the big deal. He should be able to take it. Football's a mans game. It should spur him, he should want to play better, because calling him brainless is really a decent incentive for him to do better and he will never read it anyway so it doesn't matter Etc..

Honestly. In my opinion ? And I understand others might not agree... I really don't think that culture to attack the players is going to help make our players into Champions. RP in recent years has seemed to have become a place to overly attack players and managers..

Somethings are justified but the balance has become unbalanced. This thread is hoping to readdress that balance. Thats the point of it JND and to get the word Champions to feel familiar again. Because 40 years is a long time.

The thing with Red Passion is it has become a much more powerful influence than many people realise. Its become the voice of the fans of Wrexham AFC. By the sheer number of posters alone..Thats why the media read RP to see whats going on...

On Ferguson yes they (the board) wanted him out before Mark Robbins scored that goal, but the fans did'nt want him out when he was lifting the Champions League or Premier League titles... The Glazier situation is a different conversation.

And yes this isn't about Liverpool or United or Celtic, this is about Wrexham AFC. The greatest club in the land in my eyes and also in thousands of other fans eyes around the world.

I really think we have one of the most passionate fan bases in the world. And that is a massive advantage to our club ...

At some stage we have to stop the culture of attacking from within our club and start to attack the opposition with the same energy...

Then we will be the club we were when we last became Champions.

#PlayWithNoFear #WeAreWrexham