Thread: Team for Sutton
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2018, 19.15:26   #100-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Team for Sutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
I think Ebbsfleet intentionally targeted their right flank (our left). Their winger Weston (11) left Jennings for dead on at least 2 occasions - already on a yellow Jennings was treading a fine line and at one point second half clashed with the winger - I would have called it a foul but Jennings also went to ground - whether that was a deliberate attempt to disguise a foul we will never know but he got away with it.

Just as Ebbsfleet were showing signs of success they changed things around - Weston moved flanks where Roberts looked much more comfortable against him - then he ended up moving more central - the introduction of a number of subs on their part changed their game plan - maybe for the worse. I also think that they were, when they got the chance pinging crosses in from the left to the far post - not particularly pointing the finger at Jennings bit we struggled to cope with the aerial threat posed by Kedwell who looked very strong.
To be fair for their goal either Jennings or Pearson could have challenged Kedwell but he ended up out muscling Pearson which takes a bit of doing. A player like Kedwell will always target the full backs if he can get the right service. We got a bit sloppy straight after the break but the main thing was despite their goid away form they never looked like getting back into the game.