View Single Post
Old 31st October 2018, 12.29:00   #1-0 (permalink)
Congy Red
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft
Twitter: @

Default January and the three weaknesses

We are superbly placed and the squad seems to have the strength to cope with any of our better players being injured or being out of form. I think there are three obvious weaknesses in the side. I think with the removal of ANY of these three weaknesses we can achieve a top three finish. As I see them the major weaknesses are:

1. A top quality defensive midfielder. Walker and Wright do not provide a stable platform for attacks and aren't careful enough with the ball. This new player could produce more chances and close out games better.

2. Someone better on the right. JMD has ability, Rutherford works hard, Pyke is developing, but in a three we need a goalscorer and provider.

3. Someone better than Fondop/Beavon up top. I think Fondop is a talent who will come good over time, but with mega bucks perhaps we can get better.

Its a bit tough on anyone replaced by Ricketts as we are doing so well, but we currently look a competitive team, not a dominant one. I don't think we need to solve all three weaknesses, one would be good.