View Single Post
Old 1st November 2018, 17.40:07   #7-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sam asks for patience

The majority understood regardless of some that just wanted it launched forwards.
However the end result was the same - it was launched forwards after 2 or 3 sideways waves.

This is because of the lack of movement by Drew and Pyke and also the inability of the midfield to either pick up the ball, hold the ball and pass between themselves. Just as others have pointed out.

I think most of us came out of the game thankful for the 3 points but frustrated with the way we played and missed opportunity to improve the GD. Again as someone pointed out Havant did a job.

I think we have been patient for over 10 years and we have seen from these previous attempts that this style of play, performance and also lack of goals through the team will hinder us when the chips are down.

No matter how much people argue against needing to improve, refresh the squad and make changes in Jan we know that others will improve and we will fall behind if we don't.

We have some players who IMO are not good enough and their performances over quite a number of games - not just 1 off performances which we can accept in any sport and way of life as well all have off days.

I will say it again - basics, basics, basics and if players continually struggle with the basics (yes I understand its tier 5 and the players have limitations) then we will struggle to get promoted. Look at how Nigel Cough got Burton promoted and look at how he has since gone about returning there and improving them. Spine of the team, retain the good players and then replace/improve the ones that inevitably have to be left by the wayside.