View Single Post
Old 17th November 2018, 18.37:55   #1-0 (permalink)
benwilliams
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Maidstone ratings

Strange game to be honest, we were all over them at times 1st half, they couldn't live with us but we just couldn't create a clear cut opportunity and some desperate defending and lucky breaks saved them. Second half a different story, they pressed us well, nothing stuck up front and our midfield kept getting pressured into making bad options or giving the ball away. Our goal was very fortunate but came from the only time in the second half that we had some calmness on the ball and put a few passes together.

In terms of ratings a mixed bag:

Lainton 7 - not much to do really, their goal was a quality strike but did what he had to competently as he has all season, exudes calmness and a massive upgrade on Dunn
Roberts 7 MOM no one gets an 8 for me this week so a few contenders for MOM and I'd say Kev shades it, some heroic defensive blocks when we were under the cosh 2nd half
Jennings 6 - mixed bag but gave the ball away when pressed on too many occasions 2nd half, would he make Salford or Orient's team? I have my doubts
Lawlor 7 - close to MOM defended well throughout
Pearson 6.5 - better than Jennings but caught facing the wrong way a few times and not his best game
Summerfield 6.5 - good 1st half but like the whole team struggled when pressed 2nd half, not bad but not influential
Young 6 - booked early on and seemed to affect him, sloppy in possession throughout and again not one of his more dominant displays
Wright 6.5 - thought he added bite and drive to the midfield but again looked a little sloppy and leggy in the 2nd half and was replaced by walker who got a heavily deflected equaliser
Pyke 6 - frustrating afternoon, had the beating of the right back all 2nd half but either luck or a poor end product meant he couldn't break through. Another sloppy in possession and off pace 2nd half
Fondop 5 - the ultimate enigma, some delightful moments of skill 1st half with no end product, didn't endear himself to Maidstone fans with throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity. 2nd half he was abysmal, I literally don't think he did anything, he certainly didn't win a header all half. Amazed it took til around 87 mins for Beavon to replace him and sadly he will be back on the bench at best v Orient
Rutherford 6 - great in the last league game v Gateshead, offered v little as an attacking threat today but energetic as always

Subs

Beavon NA
Walker 6.5 - got the equaliser through a heavily deflected effort but slightly sloppy on possession
Maguire-drew 6 - marginally better than Rutherford who he replaced but hardly a display to justify putting him back in the 1st 11

All in all I'll take the point but I think the league champions win games like this.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by benwilliams; 17th November 2018 at 18.39:21..