View Single Post
Old 18th November 2018, 08.33:09   #2-0 (permalink)
Hampshire Red
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Maidstone ratings

I would agree with most of Ben's comments/ratings but would add
- While I agree Kev made some telling blocks (inc one which looked goalbound when we were already 1-0 down) I thought overall Lawlor looked our most assured defender and very comfortable on the ball.
- Some of Young's runs from deep were good but his passing was not great yesterday. Never gave up though, like Rutherford.
- I would give Fondop a 6 for his first half performance as he had the Stones defence rattled but sadly no end product. I don't think he tried a single shot on goal.
- JMD I thought was disappointing. No sign of the surging runs he is capable of.

I still think it was a point gained rather than 2 lost. Our defence is even better than last season and Sam is going to face a selection headache when Manny is fit again. Can he really drop Lawlor? However, as others have said elsewhere we need above all a striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. There must be some we can shift out to make way - Burgess, Deverdics and hinds if he isn't going to play. Hopefully we can stay in touch with the top 3 until January and then kick on.