View Single Post
Old 1st December 2018, 22.26:37   #38-0 (permalink)
Huffy
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkenny Red View Post
Take passion out of it for a moment and look at it calmly. Imagine whatever line of work you're in, somebody comes along six months after you've started a new job and offers you a significantly more prestigious job (in terms of level, I don't think Shrewsbury are any more prestigious as a club than Wrexham are, actually I'd say the opposite going off history, but they are currently at a significantly superior level), far better tools to work with, more money to play around with and an enhanced wage. If you can honestly say you'd stay, fair play to you but I doubt too many people would.

Football fans expect a loyalty from what are in effect staff at their club that they wouldn't expect from anybody else in any other line of work. To Sam Ricketts, Wrexham is a job no different from yours or mine.

The decision to play arguably the most significant game of the club's season without a manager was f**king idiocy and as another poster said makes us look amateur as f**k.
We are all entitled to our opinions -and there are many who felt he couldn't be the elephant in the room as someone described it !!