View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2018, 17.54:11   #28-0 (permalink)
petered
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.
Twitter: @

Default Re: Profile of New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
What leads you to that view?
A few things really. I remember Mickey Thomas saying when he went to United he felt under massive pressure. It's the same game but so much more was expected of him. He couldn't handle it,form dipped and didn't enjoy his football. I think he same applied to Kevin Wilkinson and possibly Askey at Shrewsbury and may well happen here. That's why when people mention mangers of other clubs in our league I get a bit twitchy about it.Fylde for example are a tiny club who's fans had no history to speak of and with minimal expectation(with all due respect).
Our most successful mangers in recent years have been Flynn,experience at higher level,Smith experience at higher level,which brings me to Morrell. No experience in management but knew the club inside out so was well aware of expectations. Big Den has both the above in his favour. On top of this I think the fans and club are in desperate need of a feel good factor following SRs departure, something Dennis will bring. I'm not pretending to know but by all accounts is a superb man manager too.Something which I feel at this stage is invaluable.