View Single Post
Old 6th December 2018, 09.31:44   #20-0 (permalink)
Hampshire Red
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Barrow signs 2.5 year contract as Assistant Manager - no manager announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
Suggests to me it will be another 'up and coming' manager as I'd imagine an experienced manager would be more inclined to demand to bring in their own staff. I think it's a sensible move for the sake of stability, having seen two managers leave in quick succession, by offering a longer term contract to a vastly experienced assistant, we're less likely to suffer a collapse when a manager leaves.

At Barrow's age and with his firm statement about staying put, he's clearly not going anywhere, which gives us some much needed stablity.
I think this is spot on. As well as providing some continuity now it also provides a bit of future proofing if our new man leaves within 7-18 months. It also suggests to me that the Board know who is coming in, that he is happy with GB as his assistant and that GB thinks he can work with the new manager. Didn't he say something earlier in the week about being allowed to work in the way he likes to? At the very least he would have wanted to know the kind of manager we were appointing.