Thread: Big Den?
View Single Post
Old 7th December 2018, 08.16:44   #342-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Big Den?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
No one would be happy if any manager failed. We all have our preferences, based on who we think would succeed. However if we knew for sure they would then obviously no one would want them.
Posted via mobile theme
Thanks Krux. For me, Askey’s track record (taking Macc from 20th to 23rd in old Third Division during his first spell there, losing 4 out of his first 5 games during his second spell and consistently missing out on playoffs until last year’s undoubtedly impressive title win, and 5 wins out of 21 at the Slops) makes me doubt he’s likely to take us up this year. Personally, I’ve been arguing for long-term planning for a long time and would be ok with him taking a few seasons to build a squad capable of winning this league and competing in the one above (hopefully unlike the Macclesfield one which has proven to be far too weak for League Two); however a lot of our fans are generally insistent that promotion is by far the most urgent matter and for me, there’s little in his track record to suggest he could hit the ground running here.