View Single Post
Old 16th December 2018, 14.52:46   #64-0 (permalink)
awill
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Boston (H) Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
I was at the game and like many others got very cold and wet. I thought the lads put up a good display in awful conditions. Not that he had much to do, I thought Dibble was efficient. Rutherford was excellent he is like the durcacell bunny. His work rate is amazing. I agree with a previous poster in that Fondop is an enigma. Hopefully the goal (which was well taken) will give his confidence a boost. He has potential and might come good who knows. I feel the way Akil Wright has come on in the last twelve months is amazing. He is so much better on the ball and has obviously worked very hard at his game. Perhaps the same will happen with Fondop. I have read with interest posts claiming that we pass the ball backwards too much. It is all about opinions isn't it. I would far rather the ball go back and we start again rather than boot it forward when there is no pass on and we lose possession. The square pass when it is safe is obviously better than back to the keeper because we keep the ball further up the pitch. However the back pass to the keeper is far less likely to be intercepted so it comes down to a judgement call by the player on the ball. We all have different opinions about players and how the game should be played. It makes life interesting.
I don't post on here too much these days - too many posters, full of themselves,who must never have played the game.
Thank God people like you still contribute Big Mike.