View Single Post
Old 8th January 2019, 23.45:45   #157-0 (permalink)
John Neals Dynasty
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

My opinion for what it's worth is this

The club is now experiencing the repercussions from the latest manager jumping off the Jolly Roger, the ship has been in rough seas since the Captain once again found himself a better job.

The circus that is Wrexham Afc all started around this time and has inevitably had a negative effect in the dressing room, who is to blame for this annual fiasco? With regret the blame has to be laid at the boardrooms door because they run the club volunteers is not an excuse.

Why do I say they are to blame? Well when Ricketts went they did the right thing to begin with asking Barrow to stand in while they searched for a new manager, according to Harris once again high calibre managers were ringing up constantly about the vacancy. Following a draw and a good display against Newport they ask him to become manager... He refuses the job he didn't want it at his age understandable as he had not managed a club for 13yrs so the board in their crazy wisdom offered him a 2.5yr contract as an assistant because he said he liked the job he was doing,I hazard a guess they asked him for ideas on who he would like as his new manager hence the Lawrence eggs in one basket.

Time passes it becomes obvious Lawrence was out of reach, so now they are stuck in the daft position of finding a manager willing to work with Barrow & who he was prepared to work with, not an easy task at all.

So Barrow changes his mind a week or so later and decides to take the job he didn't want (a recipe for disaster)

Meanwhile the players are stuck in the middle as most were signed by Ricketts so probably wondering if they were in Barrows plans can have an unsettling effect in the dressing room, hence the exit of TMD and Fondup probably realising his days are up.

Now after a couple of decent wins over Xmas some players looked Jaded, Beavon, Rutherford, Lawlor, Summerfield come to mind,but with a small squad Barrow had to play them, on top of that the situation over Walker probably effected dressing room morale.

The defeat at Salford was inevitable because of these things after 2 very tough games, then a very tired lethargic display Saturday against Dover & losing has hit confidence in the team, tonight against a revived team like Dover Bromley was always going to be tough, add to that 2 strikers with hardly any game time under their belts thrown in to a team low on confidence lost their midfielder Walker and missing the work rate of our best player Beavon it was always going to be a tall order to get a result.

We have since Keates retired lacked a leader in midfield and creativity our midfield is poor to say the least, I've said it before Kane and Salah could be upfront and they would struggle with our tactics and midfield.

Fylde away now is going to be that important it could indicate if it's a repeat of last yrs end of season run in, or if we can turn our poor form around.

It a couple of better midfielders Barrow needs to sign to help our strikers and preferably a vocal leader on the pitch.

As for Barrow he is the boss we have to back him we can't afford to sack another manager and his assistant, I personally think he should only of been given the job until the end of season and review then but they stuffed themselves with the 2.5yr assistant contract.
Posted via mobile theme