View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 09.06:10   #182-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Not disputed, but are they qualified to run a football club, or more specifically, have a relevant input on playing matters? Absolutely not. For Spencer to sit there and state that they have trawled the country for a new manager and found that GB was the best candidate is quite frankly, insulting.
He must think we're all stupid and naïve. Clearly they went after other managers, couldn't get them (an issue in itself) and then persuaded Barrow to take it. I'm guessing but I reckon it took some persuading to convince Barrow to take the job.
I expressed doubts at the time and I'm still baffled why we did that when other managers are out of work who are clearly better qualified and have had recent success. You don't fluke winning a league ffs, as some have suggested.

Last season they did the same, however you want to dress it up, its the cheap option and it was a disaster, so what do they do again this season, the same thing but give him a 2.5 year contract? I mean WTF is that all about? He hasn't been a manager in what 13 years? Then they go and appoint Newell as his assistant who has a very suspect past and character. Why take the risk?
You couldn't write it.

On the flip side this might just be our bad patch this season and you'd have to hope we come through it and start winning again.
If it doesn't improve the board need to look at themselves as they keep appointing the wrong managers, surely sooner or later someone will say enough is enough and question are they the right people to be in that position?

There are no excuses to fall back on anymore, the money argument is gone.