View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 08.30:15   #183-0 (permalink)
jackwilliams
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Well I've just about thawed out from last night! For those who werent there I can't even begin to describe how clueless and gutless we were. Totally outplayed and I can't name any Wrexham player I'd pick over their Bromley counterpart to be in my team based on last night.

I am seriously worried about barrow and his inability to outfox anyone tactically. Grant has made us worse and I can't see where our next goal is coming from.

It fits a certain agenda to say Barrow was the brains behind the snake and we are better off without him but that is childish and doesn't give Ricketts the credit he deserves for us over achieving so far this season.

I've seen on Twitter that we haven't won a game in 3/4G for at least 3 years and that is a shocking stat which supports my fears having been regularly to the likes of Bromley Maidstone and Sutton that we are mentally beaten on these surfaces before we start.

All in all yes the table still looks fine and there is plenty of the season left so you can get happy clappy about it on paper but the players look bereft of ideas and confidence and I'm not sure Grandad Barrow and his mumbling sidekick are the men to inspire a revival.
I agree with you that Bromley were man for man better than us. They appeared to be so much better coached. Their midfield passed and moved and made us look very ordinary. To be fair to the players they did keep going in the second half. It takes time for teams to gel we all know but the only change in the first half was Oswell and he was left isolated and hardly looked like an answer in that formation. Playing Grant wide and Rutherford wide just did not work. With Tollitt on and another striker in Stockton we improved and Pearson did hit the bar. The improvement came with gaps in midfield and Bromley should have scored late on. No Beavon meant we had nobody joining up the play or keeping the ball.