View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 12.39:06   #227-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Ah right so its all the players fault. You're generalising about many, many players we've had here recently many of whom we couldn't get a tune out of but other clubs do. Why is that?

Saying we just need better players is so simplistic.
We sign players who have had success in this league with other clubs, they come here and bang they just crumble.
So its either poor scouting and recruitment or we just don't have the manager or coaching staff to get the best out of them.

We haven't had consistent performances and goals from a striker for example since Moult left and we even under used him, leaving him out of the side for absolute dross.
How long will this be swept under the carpet for?
Yes, it is a simple truth - but not simplistic - that we need better players. However, I am realistic enough to realise we cannot afford 20 top notch players, simply because we do not have the funds to do so. Consequently, we need a strong core of players, supplemented by players who we can develop, and some loanees that add immediate value.

The manager needs to manage and coach to get the best starting XI to play effective football by scoring goals and winning games. We have struggled to do this well for far too long.

Our current core strength is limited to Lainton, Lawlor, Pearson and Beavon. Our other players are not pulling their weight. It’s too early to state Grant, Oswell and Stockton won’t add value but, clearly, they haven’t had an immediate effect.

My long-held belief is that our midfield is unbalanced and ineffective. That must be resolved ASAP if we are to get into the POs and be promoted. Something we all want and need!