View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 14.14:22   #231-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Yes, it is a simple truth - but not simplistic - that we need better players. However, I am realistic enough to realise we cannot afford 20 top notch players, simply because we do not have the funds to do so. Consequently, we need a strong core of players, supplemented by players who we can develop, and some loanees that add immediate value.

The manager needs to manage and coach to get the best starting XI to play effective football by scoring goals and winning games. We have struggled to do this well for far too long.

Our current core strength is limited to Lainton, Lawlor, Pearson and Beavon. Our other players are not pulling their weight. It’s too early to state Grant, Oswell and Stockton won’t add value but, clearly, they haven’t had an immediate effect.

My long-held belief is that our midfield is unbalanced and ineffective. That must be resolved ASAP if we are to get into the POs and be promoted. Something we all want and need!
What about the ever growing list of players who are proven yet fail here?

I agree about midfield, people screaming for strikers were missing the real issue.