View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 15.28:09   #240-0 (permalink)
TaidTom
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: That's 3 defeats in a row (Bromley A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifaking View Post
It was a *really* poor performance, not helped by how cold it got in the second half.

Few points:
- Lainton's kicking is really doing my head in now, they go so high! Hit them flatter!
- Roberts I thought put in the worst performance I have seen from him, so many aimless balls forward. There was no link-up whatsoever between him and Grant (who was right-wing for majority). And some really poor defending. Carrington must be wondering how he has lost the right-back position
- Young again anonymous for the match
- Do not know what Grant's best position is (or even any position he is half decent and effective in)
- Tollitt barely involved, same with Stockton; after both came on start of the second half when we expected a reaction
- I remember a speculative long range effort from Grant which clipped the bar and over, a Pearson header from a corner tipped onto the bar, and maybe a Stockton header that went wide (it may have gone well wide but difficult to tell from away end). Point is, we barely created anything at all of note
That Roberts starts before Carrington is scandalous.

We look devoid of ideas at the moment, and yet between them Barrow and Newell have years and years of experience. They must have some idea on how to get us back on track. Surely. Haven't they?