View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 09.43:32   #41-0 (permalink)
jackwilliams
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Seems the players are throwing in the towel though. The fans are just passing opinions.
Bromley game is reported as our worst display of the season. If the players cannot respond after 2 defeats what are the fans supposed to think.

Grants being made out as a scapegoat but his form has been poor and I really dont understand the point of signing him. Hopefully GB will bring in another 2 players but if the current players cant motivate themselves were going to drop like a stone down this league just like last season.
Well I was there on Tuesday and I do not think I saw any evidence of the players throwing the towel in. To me they were trying all the way through but the tactics and style of play was not clear. We had a very hard Christmas and the players may well be tired and there may not be much preparation time. However Bromley played Sutton Utd, Fylde and then us in the space of a week and they won them all. They did not look at all tired or jaded although I understand that their pitch is a big advantage to them. We were trying we were just outplayed and out thought. At the end several of the players came over to the fans to recognise it was a long way for many and a cold night. Grant even got in discussion with one of the unhappy fans. I saw no reason to boo the players. We all want Wrexham to do well. I have been going since the late 1950's. We have to accept that losing 2 managers in a year is very disruptive. We have the basics of a good side. A new blend is required to make us more dangerous and we do need a midfielder who can stitch things together. Summerfield did ok on Tuesday but we were outplayed in midfield by a Bromley side who would challenge for promotion with this side. However their problem like many in this division is they really only have 13 or 14 good players and when injuries or suspensions hit they like Aldershot just fall off.