View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 16.37:27   #45-0 (permalink)
jackwilliams
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manager post match interview; Bromley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I meant performance wise. GB said it was our worst performance of the season which on the back of 2 defeats isn't a good sign.

Effort wise then the players can run around for 90 minutes but it is about being effective in what you do and it seems from your assessment then it was pretty dire. Hard to fathom out really but for me its leadership and having some direction in the pattern of play.

A midfield of Wright, Young and Summerfield is pretty much rudderless.
Well performance wise it was not great. We were in it until they scored. Oswell was completely isolated. Grant on one side and Rutherford on the other I think. Only Akil looked as if he might break through. I am still to be convinced by Grant. One decent shot in 90 minutes. Second half the team came out there was a sharpener routine done with the whole team and I thought they gave it a better go with Oswell and Stockton up front. We also had two wide players but Summerfield and Young were outnumbered in the middle of the field. Bromley reminded me of Aldershot last season. Really neat midfield players who all knew what their jobs were. At the games I have been to over the last two seasons we are threatened in two ways. Either pace out wide or teams that have a clever 10 who can get at our back two. We really missed Walker on Tuesday.