Thread: Louis moult
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 12.45:15   #30-0 (permalink)
KT12 Exile
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Louis moult

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
That’s why need a change of direction, we need investment desperately,
I still don't buy into the theory that we can't afford a decent striker.

Our debts are cleared, we've received compensation for two managers in the last 10 months, we have the Danny Ward money, above budgeted attendances, and a run to the FA Cup 2nd round which while not lucrative was not originally budgeted for.

We're either holding onto the cash and reluctant to spend it for whatever reason or we're just spending it very badly. We obviously can't pay £4K a week or whatever Salford were paying Rooney, but we should be able to compete with the likes of Fylde and Orient for striking options. Obviously I mention them because they have the likes of Rowe and Bonne, we should be able to compete for those sort of players.

I've been very supportive of the club being cautious with money previously for various reasons but I can't see any reason not to 'go for it' now. Despite our last 3 results, we're in a position to potentially challenge for the title, and must be in a better state financially than we've been for a good while. The trouble now is the availability of players. We needed to do much better than Fondop in the summer, that was a massive error.

I don't think we need a change in ownership, we need a change in attitute to risk. Be cautious when we need to, absolutely, even when it's frustrating, but don't be afraid to spend when we have the opportunity.