Thread: Louis moult
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 18.42:05   #38-0 (permalink)
noisy1
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Louis moult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
No progression whatsoever.

It brings you back to Carl Darlington. Hyped up to death on here with little to no evidence of his coaching coming through in terms of player development, tactics, attacking play etc etc. I don't get the hype at all and never have done.
The trouble (if you can call it that) with Darlington, I believe, is that he is a defensive coach. This was notable when he started his first spell at Wrexham AFC as there was a marked improvement in the defensive set up very quickly after he took up post.

Our defensive record with Darlington here has been very good but that is at the cost of our creativity and goal scoring.
The trouble is it is taking too long for those in charge to address this problem, Graham Barrow is moving in the right direction now but we should have pushed the boat out in the summer.

Fondop, as much as I criticise him, was a gamble and for a while it was looking good. Had he worked out, there is no doubt that the goals he could have scored would have seen us top of the table by now.
Is his loss of confidence down to Darlington's defensive coaching style? To be fair Fondop he is not the only striker who we have watched going off the boil under this coaching set up.

Now we have Newell on board and a few proper strikers brought in, could we see improvements sooner rather than later? If so will it be to the detriment of our defence?

Like I said it's just my opinion and I could be talking bollocks, wouldn't be the first time but that is just how I see it.