Thread: How I Feel
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 13.57:50   #1-0 (permalink)
Chief
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot
Twitter: @

Default How I Feel

p****d off and depressed. Forget how my marriage is, let's talk about the love of my life, Wrexham FC.

I've followed WFC for close on 53 years. We've had ups and downs over that period. Some great memories. Unfortunately, since we have been in this Godforsaken league, I cannot say that I have enjoyed any of it. Nothing.

The most depressing thing is that I cannot see any end to it. We seem to be repeating the same mistakes, year in year out. We have a new manager virtually every year that comes in and runs things his way. That's fine, but not when changes are made that prove fruitless. I appreciate that the new manager will not know if changes will work, but the directors of the club surely must point them in the right direction.

We replace many players, year in, year out. Thank god it's better since we offer 2 year contracts but nevertheless, lacks continuity. Successful teams have a strong spine to the side - we have a good keeper and centre backs, fair central midfield but no quality upfront. Goals will breed confidence and get you promoted.

I know this has been said before, but to get out of this league, we need to invest in proven goalscorers. The men that control the money need to put money up.

Barrow has been busy getting strikers in. In my opinion none of them are quality with a proven track record. I don't think they will make any difference to our team.