Thread: How I Feel
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 14.28:26   #6-0 (permalink)
benwilliams
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: How I Feel

I've calmed down a bit since Saturday and trying to put the last 4 results in context. Forget the trophy as few were bothered anyway. Away loss to Salford is not unexpected and can be swallowed.

Bromley were in great form and on a surface we are rubbish on a point would have been more than acceptable, so 1 point down there on where we should be. Dover home, yes they were on a decent run but had to be a home win, 3 points dropped.

So 4 points less than we could reasonably expect. Would we have taken 4 points from the 2 home games v Solihull and Salford? I'd have been pretty satisfied with that, so we were 2 points up there, subtract that from the 4 down and we are only 2 points worse off than would have been perfectly acceptable.

Now the worrying context is the 4 successive defeats, the manner of the Bromley performance, Barrow being uninspiring and not being able to score a bloody goal. However if we get a point at Fylde then beat Maidenhead I am prepared to call a truce and say that we still have a decent chance of top 3 minimum. The new signings will need to gel quickly though and Grant needs to start justifying his wage.