View Single Post
Old 26th January 2019, 18.59:34   #8-0 (permalink)
WrexSi
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Mike Newell - Why?

When I popped to watch the team training, Thursday morning, I had a short chat with Mike Newell.

He was happy to talk, was open and enthusiastic about the players, and the outlook for the forthcoming games.

When I first arrived to watch, the players were having a shooting practice session with Mike, while Graham Barrow was having a discussion with some of the players, back at the halfway line on the pitch.

All I can say is, whatever we all think Mike is or isn’t or should be doing, I do feel the club could do everyone including Mike a favour by a little bit of PR for him. Do a blog with him or whatever, to show a typical day at training with him,or something.

I remember many years ago me and some other fans were always haranguing Kevin Reeves, shouting “what exactly do you do, Reeves?!” whenever he went to and from the dugout on match days. In hindsight we didn’t know how lucky we were, mid table in what is now League One! And equally, with Flynn spending a lot of time in his high chair in the exec box, clearly Reeves was the man in the dugout doing a lot of the match day coaching from the touchline, not to mention the work he obviously did day to day in training sessions.

I hope the club does something soon to promote the image of what Mike does at the club, and get some sound bites out there of his vision for the rest of the season.