View Single Post
Old 8th February 2019, 13.11:27   #37-0 (permalink)
jonesfach
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I have great sympathy for the Board because they have been placed in awkward positions by forces often beyond their control, and then attacked unjustifiably for doing their job.

Unfortunately, some folk often misuse other folk to further their aims; Lawrence seemingly did this. However, the main learning point from this is to not assume things will automatically happen, and signatures on contracts are essential.

QR states that Barrow's initial contract extension was agreed prior to Ricketts's departure, but not signed until after Ricketts's had departed. He also states the Board claims they were legally obliged to honour the contract. I am not an expert, but that sounds a bit wooly to me; I am sure there are legal experts on here who could clarify.

As for Barrow changing his mind and wanting out, there is probably a valid reason for it. So, in conclusion, the Board has made some errors, having been hit by a host of unwanted events. That is no reason to demand either their heads or their resignations. We should move on, and if WST members are not happy with things they should follow process and bring about a vote of no confidence. Personally, I would support the Board, but they must learn from the past few months.
Quite right.

The only real mistake was extending GBs contract if that was the case to tally up with the DL arrival. To be fair seeing as DL was an ex-player not many would of thought that he would mess us about.