View Single Post
Old 8th February 2019, 19.07:44   #139-0 (permalink)
sparky
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX777 View Post
Some observations from last night…

Bad start when Pete Jones decided to crack some jokes about the frequency of “meet the manager” meetings (note to Pete: it’s really not funny anymore”).

Then a decent interview. A good structure from Jones, albeit clumsily done. Bryan Hughes was actually quite impressive, much more articulate than I remember . He seemed to have a good insight into why we don’t score goals, and hinted at a return to two strikers playing closer together; to me 433 is a long term reason why we don’t score. He skirted difficult questions with intelligence and a degree of honesty, in particular the question about whether he would leave us early a la Keates and Ricketts; clearly he will.

The second half was a brilliant exposition of game management and control. A united board on stage, fronting a hall which had been packed early (at the front) by loyalists - the nodding dogs. Spencer Harris spoke well and played to this crowd skillfully , asking them questions where he knew the answer would be an infant school supportive chorus of “Yessssss”. From the Board’s point of view some good planted statements and questions too, especially from the nodding dog who seemed to think any critics are “cretins”. So, it was carefully controlled throughout and anyone sitting further back who had anything remotely off the party line to say was given ugly looks and shakes of the head by the nodding dogs, or in this case the “head-shaking dogs”.

Particularly disappointing was Pete Jones’ ramble about how WST ownership is the only way forward; apparently the fate of Notts County proves this. I suspect that when he sees a swallow in May he thinks it’s going to be a glorious summer.

So I left feeling quite sad. It is clear more than ever that this is a clever clique with its head firmly turned against any other form of ownership or ideas. I expected some humility, some apologies, maybe some ideas for how they intend to do things differently in the future, how strategies might change; but alas no. They really are completely out of touch with fans beyond the activist base.

And anyone who thinks Richard Ulrich is the answer ? Well perhaps not. This bloke spent the entire first half glued to his phone and chatting to his mates. He showed not the slightest bit of interest in Bryan Hughes’ answers.
From what I saw on fb live that seems to be bang on.

The rant about Notts County was embarrassing and I think it's fair to say Ulrich got owned.

Didn't see Hughes speak but what If thats what he said about our tactics then praise the fecking lord. Best thing Yozzer can do woukd be to ignore Darlington and his stats.

Oh, and RP a diagrace. Do me a favour, that's a cheap and unjustified shot. Pathetic.