View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 09.25:11   #198-0 (permalink)
dixienormous
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
And while I agree I think it happens because they pander to people like you when you don’t even appreciate it. You repeatedly call for signings, for ambition, for the first team only to matter and I think the club is trying to do this but without the resources to do it well. That’s what leads to the revolving door, and mistakes made, to try to make that push; and they can’t do it by chucking money at a manager and at loads of good players. So you don’t get what you want because the club spreads its resources too thinly to make the route one approach work, and I don’t get what I want because I see short termism and a refusal to invest now in things that could bear fruit later.
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.