View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 10.37:03   #200-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Wow. This is up there as one of the most insulting posts I’ve ever read. It insults the majority of our fanbase if you got your head out of your arse.

Pander to people like me? Wow. What are we meant to appreciate exactly, on the football side of things? Nothing is the answer. I think we appreciate the work they’ve done off the field but I support Wrexham FOOTBALL club, yes the football bit is my concern.

For the record I don’t personally call for ambition or random signings at all. I understand the game enough to know that without quality players who are able to score some goals, succces will be a long way away. You can get away with having slightly above average players if you have a couple of quality forwards. At this moment in time we have quality centre halves and the rest are average players, it’s a miracle where we are. I’m sorry for wanting a decent football team to support.

If we haven’t got the resources, like you say, then we need a change of direction, and we need it now.
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what we’ve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadn’t brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.