View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 12.01:40   #206-0 (permalink)
John Neals Dynasty
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I think the problem is the change of direction which many of us feel would have the best chance of long-term success would be renewed investment in youth, having a reserve team, etc. Numerous posts from some fans request that we ignore all of that and solely focus on the first team - which appears to be exactly what we’ve done for the past few seasons, even though it hadn’t brought us any joy in terms of reaching the playoffs.

I agree with this, no long term goal it's all short term, if by the grace of God we ever get out of this pit, under the present short termism we will struggle like Macclesfield to stay up, as you say no youth and no reserve games.

Take now for example lots of signings who aren't matchfit... Where do they get sharp not playing games? Even the first team have not played for 2 weeks, we should be organising friendlies even if behind closed doors, the new manager comes in ice cold even if it had been an experienced one players like Fondup, Deverdics. Just 2 of many examples aren't getting game time maybe them and others out of the team would improve get sharper if playing.

Oswell last game looked rusty through not playing, Stockton is probably the same and Tollet.

Short termism to reach the Holy Grail and that was was my point to Andy Snake no youth to sell on like Ward etc with sell on fees... So when the recent windfall has gone then what?

Lots right off the field yes but because money is tight we can't afford to spread it more evenly with a moneypit of a ground.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 9th February 2019 at 12.04:42..