View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 16.58:50   #1-0 (permalink)
Lods
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Player ratings: Dagenham & Redbridge (H)

A weird, cagey game but what matters is we got all three points. How did the players rate? My ratings are:

Lainton - 5: Made a few decent saves but had a relatively quiet game. A day to forget for him when it comes to his kicking.
Roberts - 5: Steady game. Didn't stand out one way or the other.
Pearson - 7: Typical shut-out of the strikers from the skipper. Had a few good chances at the other end from set plays.
Lawlor - 7: My MOTM, personally. A lot of teams know how good Pearson is so will target Lawlor, however, especially in the first half, he hardly lost a ball.
Jennings - 6: Contributed to our clean sheet, wasn't helped out by the attack-minded Tollitt but definitely had a solid game.
Wright - 4: Squandered chance after chance and lost the ball a few times. Needs to at least hit the target from most of his chances.
Walker - 5: Midfield was pretty much non-existant at times, but helped out defensively. Decent but can do better.
Young - 5: Same as above, hardly noticed him in this game.
Grant - 4: Didn't really notice him. Was definitely the correct winger to take off for Rutherford
Tollitt - 5: Caused problems but his decision-making at times let him down.
Stockton - 4: The invisible man. Can't remember anything he did.

SUBS:
Beavon - 7: Got a goal, and the effort he put in vs. the effort Stockton put in was like night and day.
Rutherford - 6: Made the impact required, especially when Dagenham changed to a more attacking formation after the goal.
Carrington - N/A: Not on long enough to fairly rate.

Overall, a very good three points despite not playing our best. These are the games we need to win if we're serious about going up, and we did so no complaints.