View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 17.05:27   #2-0 (permalink)
whitegatered
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Player ratings: Dagenham & Redbridge (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
A weird, cagey game but what matters is we got all three points. How did the players rate? My ratings are:

Lainton - 5: Made a few decent saves but had a relatively quiet game. A day to forget for him when it comes to his kicking.
Roberts - 5: Steady game. Didn't stand out one way or the other.
Pearson - 7: Typical shut-out of the strikers from the skipper. Had a few good chances at the other end from set plays.
Lawlor - 7: My MOTM, personally. A lot of teams know how good Pearson is so will target Lawlor, however, especially in the first half, he hardly lost a ball.
Jennings - 6: Contributed to our clean sheet, wasn't helped out by the attack-minded Tollitt but definitely had a solid game.
Wright - 4: Squandered chance after chance and lost the ball a few times. Needs to at least hit the target from most of his chances.
Walker - 5: Midfield was pretty much non-existant at times, but helped out defensively. Decent but can do better.
Young - 5: Same as above, hardly noticed him in this game.
Grant - 4: Didn't really notice him. Was definitely the correct winger to take off for Rutherford
Tollitt - 5: Caused problems but his decision-making at times let him down.
Stockton - 4: The invisible man. Can't remember anything he did.

SUBS:
Beavon - 7: Got a goal, and the effort he put in vs. the effort Stockton put in was like night and day.
Rutherford - 6: Made the impact required, especially when Dagenham changed to a more attacking formation after the goal.
Carrington - N/A: Not on long enough to fairly rate.

Overall, a very good three points despite not playing our best. These are the games we need to win if we're serious about going up, and we did so no complaints.
Pretty much as I saw it although I would have given Jennings a 7 , Akil has got to do better he couldn’t hit a barn door.