View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 14.11:46   #37-0 (permalink)
Red-C
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings v Orient

My impression is that Darlington is a modern coach with the ability to analyse performance using all the latest techniques and statistics. My guess is that is the reason Beavon always comes off around the hour as they are monitoring this stats with distance run etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

If this is Darlington's approach then it is very effective overall but my interest (its certainly not having a go) is that if this is his philisophy then does this mean we are less effective in other ways as we are not flexible, or willing to take risks when we are on the attack.

---

It's not the same thing but someone did a great analysis of Tony Pulis teams and it showed how pretty much ever attacking move in Pulis teams involves a chipped in cross from about 20 yards out. The idea being that whilst it is statistically more effective for a winger to get to the byline and cut it back, if you cross from outside the box your defensive player is always in place if the defense wins the ball. It's a defensive-first style of attacking football.