View Single Post
Old 13th March 2019, 11.23:33   #28-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Conclusions from tonight

Conclusions from last night?

1) The title is gone. No deluding ourselves, even if we win on Saturday it will still put us a point behind Orient and they will have a TWO game cushion on us. They would need to royally f**k it up for us to finish above them now.

2) We are seriously in danger of losing what appeared to be a nailed on top 3 finish a week or so ago. Fylde, Salford and Eastleigh are closing in. In fact, if teams below us simply win their game(s) in hand we will be in 6th.

3) I will probably get flak for saying this but I think we are in danger of slipping out of the play-offs full stop. We aren't that far ahead of the chasing pack now and they are hitting form as we lose ours. Anyone who says this won't happen needs to come off the meds. It can easily happen.

4) Our midfield is a mess. Walker was the only shining light in it (and he isn't our player). No creativity, no hunger, no aggression.

5) When Pearson is out we are a shade of the team we should be. It is clear the players lose focus when he is out, and isn't there to bollock them. Yes, we got a win at BW and a draw at Gateshead without him but I'm beginning to think this was down to the poor opposition and luck than any real fight.

6) Once again, whatever happens at the end of the season, we will need a complete overhaul in the summer.