Thread: flynn
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 14.38:30   #14-0 (permalink)
wrexhamandy
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
In my opinion, Tuesday was not the time to change things......

The management took a huge risk on Tuesday evening, going to a new more attacking formation, which you said before kick off was “more like it”.
I’m not restating this as a criticism of you, but it strikes me that going gung ho at this stage of the season was not what was needed.......

We had got where we were by being defensively minded. It has worked, even if it isn’t pretty.
I agree that you can’t change that defensive mentality overnight, so why did Hughes try?

If you couple that new set up with the fact that Roberts was coming back from injury, had McGlashen in front of him who’s game he doesn’t know yet, (and who by all accounts was very poor on the night), rather than Rutherford who’s he does. And vice versa of course. Those singling out Roberts for criticism elsewhere on this forum, is somewhat unfair in my view.
Also, Pearson, our leader and stand out defender was out injured too. Another reason not to change formation and mentality at a crucial stage of the season.

So Management should take the flack, moreso than the players, in my view.
I was thinking the same. I know it’s not always pretty but I think it’s a bit late and too risky in the season to be tinkering so much with our system. We tried that at the back end of last season and it blew up in our faces. The title is slipping away so think calm heads and keep going for the 1-0s and hopefully we can hang onto the playoffs, when anything can happen.

**takes cover from lack of ambition shouts**