Thread: flynn
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 16.52:52   #18-0 (permalink)
Haruki
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Given the players at his disposal, what sort of team could he have put out?
Personally i would have maintained the 4-3-3 system and used Rutherford as the third midfielder with the brief to use his energy to get around the pitch harrying and harassing opponents. Ricketts used him there a few times and I thought he was pretty effective and gave us energy in the centre of the park. We then had 3 from four of Tollit, Beavon, Oswell and McGleashan up top although personally i think Holroyd deserves a chance in the front three seeing as he scored 14 goals last season.

Other options for the third midfield slot were Deverdicks and Kennedy, the latter choice meaning Tharme slotted in an centre back.

The point is he was't forced to play 4-4-2 he had three options of maintaining the team shame and system. 4-3-3 got us to the top of the league before the Orient game, the players have been playing it all season and are well drilled. The change to 4-4-2 presumably had only Monday to practice team shape as Sunday would have been a day off.

Yozzer got it horribly wrong and showed his naivety. You simply can't wing games in the National League with only two in centre midfield, they aren't good enough players to cover all of the disciplines required.