Thread: 35 days
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2019, 18.47:58   #3-0 (permalink)
TomWFC
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: 35 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasby Red View Post
Evening snowflakes, time for a bit of an uplift in confidence needed on her if you ask me.

So, from next Saturday until the end of the season, we’ve got 35 days when our fate will be decided.

Seven league matches, all 1-0 winnable if you ask me.

My key to promotion? Cole Stockton. Just a hunch. He only scores in bursts. Goes from about 2 in 38 to suddenly hitting 10 in 7. He needs a chance. He’s got seven games to make himself a hero and we need goals.

As for the 35 days business, Leyton Orient have ten games in that time. Plenty of twists and turns still to come. Gotta be honest, didn’t think The O’s looked like a team who’ll run away with it last Saturday so it’s all to play for. Everyone plays more often than us. We’ll be the freshest team around and we don’t need play any of our close rivals.

Seven wins gives us the league for sure and I think six probably does too.

Great run in, better than everyone else’s.

Come on boys, a more big push. Do it.

Believe.

We’d have taken this at the start of the season.
Admirable positivity & optimism - but ultimately based on nothing and what ifs.
Stockton going on a scoring spree? Being the 'freshest' team?
Well problem with the first one is Stockton wasn't even in the squad today - doesn't indicate that Hughes rates him much. Problem with the second one is we could be the 'freshest' team in the world but it won't help when our players struggle to create chances, struggle to dominate and be clinical, struggle to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, struggle to be positive and creative in possession, struggle to score goals...

So rather than the 'snowflake' jibe you should consider that people are rightly frustrated and fearful based on what they're seeing on a game by game basis...