View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019, 19.03:13   #1-0 (permalink)
Lods
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Player ratings: Braintree Town (H)

Figured I'd do this.

Lainton: 6 - Kicking was better than usual, average day in the office apart from the goal which he couldn't really be blamed for.
Roberts: 5 - First half wasn't great but I felt he improved in the 2nd, an average 5 for a game of two halves for him I think is fair.
Lawlor: N/A - Not fair to rate, barely played 20 minutes before his injury.
Pearson: 7 - Sponsor's MOTM and I'd have to agree. Got a goal (top scorer now) and lead the defensive line well for the most part.
Carrington: 6 - Solid performance from Mr. Consistent. Barely put a foot wrong all game but didn't set it alight either.
Young: 7 - Great delivery from set plays all day and ran like he was Tiger Roll. Barely misses out on MOTM for me.
Wright: 6 - Much like Roberts, he'll have fonder memories of the 2nd half than the first. Got a goal, too - a well taken header - which pushes him to a 6 for me.
Rutherford: 5 - Effort was there but the old Rutherford cliche of no end product.
Grant: 6 - Goal pushes him to above average. Had some good moments, had some bad. Gets a 10 if the bicycle kick goes in.
Holroyd: 5.5 - Usually try to refrain from half-marks but am struggling with 5 or 6. Striker's instinct cost us a 4th, although the game was put to bed by then.
Beavon: 7 - Worked very hard and gave the defenders a lot to deal with. Got a very deserved ovation when he was substituted.

SUBS:
Kennedy: 6 - At fault for their goal, I thought, but other than that had a decent game.
Oswell: 6 - Made an impact when he came on. Had a goal took from him through no fault of his own.
Jennings: N/A - Not on long enough to rate.

Overall, I think the 2nd half is the best we've played since we lost to Orient, however it's definitely not time to celebrate the end of the bad times just yet - Braintree are relegated this season for a reason.