Thread: 58%
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2019, 11.32:17   #42-0 (permalink)
sparky
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Twitter: @

Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Personally I would have got Morrell back here after Barrow walked.
For me he was the obvious choice as he's taken over in similar circumstances before and he's the one manager who has taken us closest to promotion and the only manager to actually win a trophy here in recent years of mainly dross.
His failings in the transfer market coincided with the budget being slashed.
This isn't a mere coincidence.
I mean, do you really believe all those poor players he signed were his top, first choice targets? Don't be silly. As if he really wanted the likes of N'Tame, I believe the players in the squad swallowed a large chunk of his budget and alongside the cuts it left him with little choice in terms of who he could afford.

Back to the thread. BH has done well and seems to have emerged from a poor spell with the squad still playing for him which for a rookie could go either way. And its also good to hear he's realised his mistakes and reverted back to a way of playing that got us here in the first place.
This. I think Morrell ticked so many boxes that I'm surprised we went leftfield with Hughes, the same could have been said if we'd have got Lawrence.

I'd say Hughes is par for the course so far.