View Single Post
Old 16th April 2019, 09.00:02   #135-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: 500k - plan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
£15 payment or £12 by standing order is the minimum subscription but many upped payments to £5 per month (still less than 2 pints per month) to support the initiative of taking back the Racecourse lease. But it is not just the subscriptions, it's the knock on effect with buy in, increased loyalty, less resentment than putting their hard earned gate money in the chairman's pocket etc from the hardcore fans. I think the lessons from the Stoke game is fans will join and pay if it assists them get tickets for big games and in my opinion fans are less likely to cancel standing orders, once set up than not bother to renew membership with a one off payment unless they are purchasing season tickets.

Membership and gold bond are not unique to Wxm FC but they are the life blood for a fans owned club, so we need to go that extra mile.
I strongly suspect membership would be much lower if season tickets did not have the WST discount. Membership, in my view, is driven more by fan economics than belief or any feeling of affinity or otherwise to the WST cause.

Regarding the plan itself, most people would agree the broad aim but question deliverability based on track record.