View Single Post
Old 21st April 2019, 21.40:53   #61-0 (permalink)
GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.
The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.

When I say trust warned on Moss, it's in relation to splitting assets, by some within the WST hence me saying they kept driving in a wedge between both sides complicating things further.

Of course they backed them, they invited them to make a bid, backed their ownership bid and splitting of assets, don't try to rewrite history.

You don't believe they couldn't have done a leveraged buyout? It was the WST who dreamt up what became Wrexham Village, throw in the income generated from the membership plus flats and it seems feasible to me.

I don't make out anything either, but you're a fan of using such tactics when things get uncomfortable.

Also ask yourself why Dickens left around 18 months after the takeover like he promised his consortium would, expect Moss never did not put the shares up for sale. Tells you all you need to know about Moss and if I remember correctly that was before the assets were split, yet it was still backed.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 21.52:43..