View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2019, 07.56:46   #87-0 (permalink)
crazywelsh
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
From memory we paid off the debts in the first year from FAT and play off money. Even though we had a 5 year plan to do it. This was at the cost of investing in the team and the famous cutting of budget for AM.

No-one doubts the board manage the finances brilliantly, its decisions around on field it goes pear shaped. Always advocate credit where its due but there are selective memories in some cases.
This is my exact point PAGL I believe the inexperienced board panicked as none had ran a business and payed off all the debts with our money and made cut backs. We suffered massively when there would have been a plan outlined in the purchase of the club, I think that’s why don said we had a war chest then after that comment all debts were announced as paid.

Before anyone says you pay people you owe all we had to do was structure a payment plan, which would of been in place anyway and offset the debt invest the money from FAT in the team and the play off money as that’s exactly what Luton did. Get out of the league use the title winning to clear the remaining debt not set us on a 5 year journey of mid table finishes with bakare playing upfront whilst claiming to be a promotion chasing team.